Last updated on February 1, 2023
At Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital we believe your personal information should be controlled by you — not us, not anyone else — by you and you alone. Period.
Our guiding principle is to collect only the client information we need and to use that information solely to provide you with the highest quality service and your pet with the highest quality care. Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
We obtain personal information when you use our services and only with your consent. The information we collect and the purposes for which we use that information depends on the specific services you require and how you interact with Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital.
Information You Provide
- Account or contact information such as e-mail address, name, phone number, and address.
- Customer service information such as questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms, email, phone, or public post; and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with customer service.
- Financial and transactional information such as billing information, and credit or debit card number or payment account information (processed by our payment processors), verification number, and expiration date, to process payments and information about your transactions and purchases with us.
- Research or survey information (including contact information and user generated content) collected if you assist us with a survey. Surveys are voluntary and may request demographic, statistical, and interest information, in addition to product ownership and usage, or purchase history.
- Other information you choose to provide directly to Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital in connection with your use of our services.
The information we collect from you will be kept for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain the information will be determined based upon the following criteria:
- the length of time your personal information remains relevant;
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations;
- any limitation periods within which claims might be made;
- any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations;
- the type of agreement we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Disclosure of Information
Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital will not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital.
Website Usage Data
The privacy of our website visitors is important to us, so we make it a point not to track any individual people. As a visitor to the wakavet.com website:
- No personal information is collected.
- No information such as a cookie is stored in the browser.
- No information is shared with, sent to or sold to third-parties.
- No information is shared with advertising companies.
- No information is mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends.
- No information is monetized.
We use Plausible Analyitcs (a privacy-focused analytics tool) to collect anonymous usage data so we can provide our visitors with relevant content and an optimal online experience. Our goal is to track overall trends in our website traffic, not individual visitors. All the data is in aggregate only. No personal data is collected. You can view all the data we collect on our public-facing analytics page. Our sole interest in collecting this data is to provide you with a website that is fast, functional, informative, relevent, lovely, easy to use, and eco-friendly. That’s it.
We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you for purposes such as technical or account issues, security breaches, or changes in Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital products, services, and policies. To discontinue any or all emails or other communication from us, call (785) 843-5577 or email pe this t@is wakaintentionalvet. co noisem with your request.
Third Party Sites
We implement appropriate administrative, technical, and security safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of the information we collect. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, while Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital uses reasonable efforts to protect your information, Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital cannot guarantee its absolute security, and your use of the services indicates your agreement to assume this risk. We promise to do all we can to mitigate that risk. Thank you for putting your trust in us.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Wakarusa Veterinary Hospital
1825 Wakarusa Drive
Lawrence, KS 66047